Saturday, March 20, 2010

Prom Expressions

It's Saturday. It's C's Junior Prom tonight. Who ever heard of prom in March? My husband, the native Utahn, said "when should it be?" Apparently early is the norm here. It snowed yesterday. Prom and snow? Weird.

But today is gorgeous.

There are some other weird things about prom here. One of those is that it's an all day affair. Chris was up bright and early -- 645am. I think he's nervous and anxious. This is a "first date" with the girl he's taking.

We headed to the florist at 9am and got the corsage, which is very pretty. After that, he went to a friends' house to lend his assistance to brunch preparation. This guy's mom fixed brunch for the group of six. C picked his date up at 11am.

After brunch, they went to the zoo. Sounded like a very fun date to me. About 330pm, he texted me "best date ever". He's a great kid. And, no, he didn't text while he was on his date. He waited until he dropped her off at her house to get ready for the night. The evening resumes at 6pm in evening wear.

I look at him, the man that he is, and I see the newborn baby.....or the toddler...certainly not the 17-year-old who is much more a man than a little boy.

I'll write more later.

No comments:

Post a Comment