Sunday, January 2, 2011

New Year Expressions

2010
 was a tough year for us.  As my oldest son approached the big 18th birthday, we struggled.  He struggled to become an adult.  I stuggled to let him become an adult.  How could I be his mom and let him grow when all I want to do is protect him.  He reached that milestone on the day after Christmas.  I look at him and see a 6 week old baby.

And my youngest son is approaching his 13th birthday.  He's gaining a lot of independence.  He seems to have conquered middle school with no problem.

Over the past few weeks, as I've been struggling to figure out what my role is supposed to be in their lives, I've realized that I haven't spent enough time praying...and trusting God to handle things.  I've gotten better.

The other day I was watching television (CSI Miami, believe it or not) and heard a prayer that is exactly what I need.

Angels of God
From Heaven so bright,
Watch over my children
And guide them a-right.
Fold your wings round them
And guard them with love.
Sing to them softly
From Heaven above.

I don't have it memorized yet...but I will...and it's going to become my mantra and my focus.

No comments:

Post a Comment